Many people are wising up to the need to have a qualification like a Business Diploma as one of the best ways to learn valuable generalised business skills that can easily and successfully be applied in a specific career.
Are you wondering what can a business diploma get you? The best part of a Diploma of Business (BSB50215) is the diverse range of areas you will study. You gain the fundamentals of business law, economics, marketing, and human resource management; plus broad skills in strategic management, business information analysis, and project management.
The jobs you can get with a Business Diploma
Successful retail managers are well-rounded business minded people who like to be leaders. You might start as a retail assistant while you study for your business diploma. That way you can gain both on the job training, and a qualification that will put you well in front in any interview situation. As a retail manager, you will like to deal with a variety of duties such as:
- Interviewing and recruiting staff
- Staff training and management, including rosters
- Customer service
- Wholesaler relationships and ordering
- Store or office operations
- Promotional offers, materials, displays
- General marketing tasks
- Finance and budgets
Average Salary $48,000
Also known as Administrative Managers, you oversee day-to-day operations of administration activities. You will aim of maintaining organised and efficient support systems. A business or business administration diploma gives you an edge over other candidates and allows for a faster career pathway.
- Coordinating the administration team and their activities
- Creating systems and processes
- Managing work priorities
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Recruiting and induction of team members
- Customer service engagement
Average Salary $57,399
Do you Have What it Takes to Achieve a Diploma?
Assess your ability to take on the challenge of a diploma qualification.
Our unique quiz will calculate if you are in the best position right now to take on a diploma. GO TO QUIZ
If you are good with numbers and want to be part of one of Australia’s fastest growing industry sectors, Financial Planning is a great career for you. Opportunities exist to work with individuals or across an organisation. You can work within a Financial Planning business or branch out on your own as a consultant. Having a Diploma of Business is the perfect starting point for a Financial Planning career that will give you an understanding of business and increase your value to an organisation and your clients.
You need to enjoy:
- Managing ongoing customer relationships
- Gaining effective one-on-one communication skills
- Understanding business operations and needs
- Gathering financial and personal data
- Creating Action Plans for long-term financial sustainability
Average Salary $70,600
Risk Management Consultant
As a Risk Management Consultant, you work with stakeholders to establish operational standards and policies for business performance. After obtaining a business diploma, you can achieve your Bachelor of Business, specialise in risk assessment and then be able to obtain lucrative risk management consultant positions.
Key tasks include:
- Auditing, such as pre-emptive checks
- User Profiling
- Operational analysis
- Operational procedures
- Strategise and roll-out change
Average Salary $88,300
A Program Manager needs a range of skills that can be applied confidently across many industries. Your focus is to contribute to a larger target such as revenue milestones, cost-cutting, new product launch, etc. A Diploma of Business will lead you into program coordination, and then to program management.
- Implement forward-facing programs
- Conduct and oversee workforce planning
- Measure and manage risk
- Be responsible for team and business performance
- Be a visionary leader who focuses on strategy
- Often manage several projects at once
Average Salary $101,000
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and attitude, then running your own business could be your best career move. A Diploma of Business will give you the skills, insights and confidence to run a successful business from the beginning.
A business owner must understand;
- Employment law and how to manage employees
- Payroll fundamentals
- How to prioritise and work effectively
- Business systems and how to create basic business documents
- Risk, and effective decision making
A Diploma of Business gives you a foundation in all this and the flexibility to determine your own salary.
The Business Diploma is your key to a future with real possibilities
You can see why having a Business Diploma has never been more important. A business diploma will get you a springboard into many career pathways. There is a job that you can you get with a business diploma that will suit your personality and career ambitions.
Find out more about this qualification and how it can get you where you want to be in your career: