Many people are wising up to the need to have a qualification like a Business Diploma as one of the best ways to learn valuable generalised business skills that can easily and successfully be applied in a specific career.
Are you wondering what can a business diploma get you? The best part of a Diploma of Business (BSB50215) is the diverse range of areas you will study. You gain the fundamentals of business law, economics, marketing, and human resource management; plus broad skills in strategic management, business information analysis, and project management.
The jobs you can get with a Business Diploma
Successful retail managers are well-rounded business minded people who like to be leaders. You might start as a retail assistant while you study for your business diploma. That way you can gain both on the job training, and a qualification that will put you well in front in any interview situation. As a retail manager, you will like to deal with a variety of duties such as:
• Interviewing and recruiting staff
• Staff training and management, including rosters
• Customer service
• Wholesaler relationships and ordering
• Store or office operations
• Promotional offers, materials, displays
• General marketing tasks
• Finance and budgets
Average Salary $48,000
Also known as Administrative Managers, you oversee day-to-day operations of administration activities. You will aim of maintaining organised and efficient support systems. A business or business administration diploma gives you an edge over other candidates and allows for a faster career pathway.
• Coordinating the administration team and their activities
• Creating systems and processes
• Managing work priorities
• Excellent communication and organisation skills
• Recruiting and induction of team members
• Customer service engagement
Average Salary $57,399
If you are good with numbers and want to be part of one of Australia’s fastest growing industry sectors, Financial Planning is a great career for you. Opportunities exist to work with individuals or across an organisation. You can work within a Financial Planning business or branch out on your own as a consultant. Having a Diploma of Business is the perfect starting point for a Financial Planning career that will give you an understanding of business and increase your value to an organisation and your clients.
You need to enjoy:
• Managing ongoing customer relationships
• Gaining effective one-on-one communication skills
• Understanding business operations and needs
• Gathering financial and personal data
• Creating Action Plans for long-term financial sustainability
Average Salary $70,600
Risk Management Consultant
As a Risk Management Consultant, you work with stakeholders to establish operational standards and policies for business performance. After obtaining a business diploma, you can achieve your Bachelor of Business, specialise in risk assessment and then be able to obtain lucrative risk management consultant positions.
Key tasks include:
• Auditing, such as pre-emptive checks
• User Profiling
• Operational analysis
• Operational procedures
• Strategise and roll-out change
Average Salary $88,300
A Program Manager needs a range of skills that can be applied confidently across many industries. Your focus is to contribute to a larger target such as revenue milestones, cost-cutting, new product launch, etc. A Diploma of Business will lead you into program coordination, and then to program management.
• Implement forward-facing programs
• Conduct and oversee workforce planning
• Measure and manage risk
• Be responsible for team and business performance
• Be a visionary leader who focuses on strategy
• Often manage several projects at once
Average Salary $101,000
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and attitude, then running your own business could be your best career move. A Diploma of Business will give you the skills, insights and confidence to run a successful business from the beginning.
A business owner must understand
• Employment law and how to manage employees
• Payroll fundamentals
• How to prioritise and work effectively
• Business systems and how to create basic business documents
• Risk, and effective decision making
A Diploma of Business gives you a foundation in all this and the flexibility to determine your own salary.
The Business Diploma is your key to a future with real possibilities
You can see why having a Business Diploma has never been more important. A business diploma will get you a springboard into many career pathways. There is a job that you can you get with a business diploma that will suit your personality and career ambitions.
Find out more on the best qualification to get you where you want to be.