As part of your course, it is compulsory to undertake and provide third-party evidence for some assessments in an eligible industry workplace. If you are not currently in, or have not previously been in, an eligible workplace, you must source your own host workplace and undertake work that meets the requirements for the units of this course.
You will need to complete a workplace observation report signed by an employer along with workplace evidence for multiple units in this course. For example for the unit CPCCBC5019 Manage building and construction business finances. To meet the criteria you must show evidence of managing the business finances for a building and construction business over at least six months, including at least one building and construction project.
The following criteria must be covered:
- manage business financial systems and processes schedule,
- monitor and process incoming and outgoing payments,
- manage budgeting,
- cash flow and debt recovery lodge monthly,
- quarterly or annual statements and pay tax and workplace liabilities for the registered business conduct a business financial risk assessment.
For more information regarding workplace requirements, please speak to our friendly Learning Consultants.
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills
The required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills for Diploma and Certificate IV qualifications is ACSF Level 3. To ensure you have the ACSF skills necessary to commence study with us, you may be required to completed a language, literacy and numeracy test if English is not your first language and you do not hold any nationally recognised Australian qualifications.
Upon enrolment, all students will also be assessed over time by their learning coach for their language, literacy and numeracy skills. Where these levels fall below the requisite ACSF standard for the qualification, the coach will advise the student of the remedial options open to them. This may involve additional support or withdrawal of enrolment and refund of fees paid.
Please refer to the relevant CAL Policies and the Student Handbook for full details of the entry-level requirements procedure.
You will need regular access to a laptop or desktop computer with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection,
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets,
- A PDF Reader installed,
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required.
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required. Typically, we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer with the latest version of Chrome. Please check to ensure your device/s align with the system requirements for our major services: