% of managers with at least a Diploma qualification
Certificate IV in Project Management Practice (BSB41515) Online
30-Day Risk Free Guarantee
One-on-one Expert Tutor Support
100% Flexible Online Learning
Kickstart your Project Management Career
Today’s career pathways are not as straightforward as they once were, with people expected to hold 17 jobs across five different careers over their lifetime. With such a variable working life quickly becoming the norm, it’s important to equip yourself with transferable skill sets. Become job-ready for a variety of industries, including Construction Management, IT, Business Administration, Community Services and many others.
The Certificate IV in Project Management Practice online has been designed in consultation with industry experts, equipping graduates with the complete range of skills needed to enter project management in any field. From identifying time and cost constraints, through to applying human resource management techniques and communicating with stakeholders, this course will set you up for long-term career growth.
Partnering with our Learning Coaches for one-on-one support, we’ll guide you through the course and provide you with the keys to your own success.
Get started today and try us out risk-free for 30 days*.
- 100% online, self-paced study,
- Study for how long you want, when you want,
- Fit your study time around your lifestyle – not the other way around,
- No need to attend scheduled classes or tutorials,
- No strict or unreasonable deadlines to meet,
- Payment plans that can be tailored to your budget,
- Generous 24-month enrolment period, with free course extension and deferral options.
Get job-ready with industry relevant units designed to help you succeed
This Certificate IV incorporates the project management methodology of PMBOK. It is modelled around the 5 Project Management processes of; initiate, plan, execute, control + monitor and close a project, as well as the 9 knowledge areas.
The program covers all the key skills required to be an effective team member of a large, complex project or to manage a small project. It comprises the following 9 nationally accredited units:
|BSBPMG409||Apply Project Scope Management Techniques|
|BSBPMG410||Apply Project Time Management Techniques|
|BSBPMG412||Apply Project Cost Management Techniques|
|BSBPMG411||Apply Project Quality Management Techniques|
|BSBPMG418||Apply Project Stakeholder Engagement Techniques|
|BSBPMG413||Apply Project Human Resources Management Approaches|
|BSBPMG414||Apply Project Information Management and Communications Techniques|
|BSBPMG415||Apply Project Risk Management Techniques|
|BSBPMG416||Apply Project Procurement Procedures|
Our courses are 100% online and are self-paced.
This means you can choose to study on a more intense time schedule, or just fit it around your lifestyle when you can.
The course can be completed in as little as 8 months with a full-time study load or in 10-12 months on a part-time study load, but we allow a generous 24-month standard course enrolment duration.
We provide engaging tutorials, industry-relevant assessments and work-ready learning outcomes.
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained
- You receive a personal learning plan and regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Depending on your current skills and amount of experience you have, you may qualify for Recognition of Prior Learning and be eligible for course acceleration.
Who is this course designed for?
This program is designed for current project team members and project managers, project or program administrators and anyone new to project management seeking to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to work effectively in the field either assisting in the planning, management and control of projects or managing their own smaller project.
The Certificate IV in Project Management is recognised in Australia as the entry-level certification for anyone seeking employment in Project Management, as an assistant or in a supporting role to a Project Management Professional or Manager.
Build your career with a diploma
This course offers pathways to further study with entry into:
- Diploma of Project Management (BSB51415)
- Project Management Professional
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements.
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills
The required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills for Diploma and Certificate IV qualifications is ACSF Level 3.
To ensure you have the ACSF skills necessary to commence study with us, you may be required to completed a language, literacy and numeracy test if English is not your first language and you do not hold any nationally recognised Australian qualifications.
Upon enrolment, all students will also be assessed over time by their learning coach for their language, literacy and numeracy skills. Where these levels fall below the requisite ACSF standard for the qualification, the coach will advise the student of the remedial options open to them. This may involve additional support or withdrawal of enrolment and refund of fees paid.
While there is no formal prerequisite study required to enter this qualification, it is beneficial for students to have some relevant industry experience to assist with the learning application required for this course. This may have been obtained through formal and/or informal training, work experience and life experience.
Please refer to the relevant CAL Policies and the Student Handbook for full details of the entry-level requirements procedure.
You will need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or another device with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets (eg: Google Docs, iWork, etc)
- A PDF Reader installed
Get credit for demonstrated skills and knowledge
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability, you may be eligible for RPL.
This process may enable you to get unit credits for competencies you’ve already demonstrated so you can fast-track your qualification.
CAL Offer flexible payment plans to suit any budget
At The College for Adult Learning, we understand that not all students are in a position to pay for their studies upfront. For this reason we offer flexible weekly or monthly payment plans that can suit any lifestyle or budget.
|Payment Plan||Payment Amount||Payment Plan Length||Total Amount Paid|
|Discounted Upfront Fee*||$1495 + $58.82/mo||Upfront Deposit + 17 Months||$2495|
|3 x Monthly Payments||$870||3 Months||$2610|
|6 x Monthly Payments||$445||6 Months||$2670|
|12 x Monthly Payments||$235||12 Months||$2820|
|52 x Weekly Payments||$55||12 Months||$2860|
|18 x Monthly Payments||$160||18 Months||$2880|
|78 x Weekly Payments||$37||18 Months||$2886|
*Please note: The College for Adult Learning’s obligations as an RTO include taking actions to protect your fees. These protections exist to ensure that you can enrol with confidence. The principal protection which is provided to you is a pre-paid fee limit; CAL will never require you to pay more than $1,500 in advance and will never allow your advance payment balance to rise above $1,500.
**In conformance with the protections and to make our course fees more accessible to our students, you will only be required to pay $1495 at the time of registration, with a $58.80 recurring monthly payment debited for the next 17 months, equalling a total fee of $2494.94.This amounts to a total fee of Only $2495, saving you up to 13.5% off the normal payment plan fees.
FEE-HELP and VET LoansIn order to maintain the high quality training we’re so proud of, we are not affiliated with FEE-HELP schemes or VET Student Loans, and remain a Fee For Service provider. We understand the financial pressure and concerns that come with undertaking study, so we keep our prices highly competitive and offer flexible payment plans to suit all budgets and lifestyles. Don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 907 870 to discuss a flexible plan that suits your budget
Get a nationally recognised and respected qualification
- An Accreditation you can trust from an RTO with over 15 years’ experience in adult learning.
- Flexible unit selection for adult learners – A tailored course that practically ‘fills the gaps’ in your experience, and does not require you to study what you already know.
- Online 21st century learning – Quality video tutorials with comprehensive voice instructions and hands-on exercises that enable you to learn by doing.
- Expert and up to date content – programs that are purposefully developed to be globally and future focused, rich in current workplace topics and practically relevant to your career.
- A 30 day “earn your trust” no-risk Money Back Guarantee.
- The option of quality 1 on 1 interactive support – Fully trained learning coaches who have been adult students themselves and actually care about your future success.
- Access to a comprehensive package of bonus elective tutorials, unique to CAL, that will support your Accreditation with a distinct competitive advantage.
- Specialist industry specific tool kit and resources that you will not find from any other course provider.
Invest in your career with a qualification
Investing in yourself is the greatest investment you can make. Project Management is an in demand career, and the earning potential is growing fast. The key to building a career is a recognised qualification like the Certificate IV in Project Management Practice.
- Fact: qualified project managers earn more and get promoted faster, than unqualified project managers.
- The 2010 Hays Salary guide reports senior project managers earning $120-165K
- Building construction project managers in the private sector command up to $200K.
- Mycareer.com states the average 2012 salary for project managers is $140,000.
With the need for professional project managers increasing, how do you keep your knowledge current and stand out from the crowd?
You may be at risk of being passed over for career progression, salary increases or promotion opportunities because you do not have a recognised qualification in project management.
In Project Management, hiring decision makers consider the real quality of your qualifications.
Your qualification needs to stack up to the level of your experience as represented by your CV. In this competitive market some may be tempted by a quick fix, tick the box Project Management course. Beware – these less reputable courses do not stand up under scrutiny. You need an assessment based, quality accreditation that is clever enough to validate your experience using evidence from your workplace, while giving you the skills to secure the job and future income you deserve.
Essential skills for the modern Project Manager
A qualification in project management shows potential employers that you are serious about your career and the discipline of project management and also that you are both qualified and competent to do the job and have the correct set of skills required.
Although you will use the same fundamental skills and processes across projects, don’t be afraid to pursue one specific area. A great project manager should be able to manage projects across any industry but many will choose to specialise in one area of project management to really hone in on their skills. Take the time to figure out which types of projects you would like to manage and focus your learning to know as much about that industry as you can.
A huge portion of a project manager’s work is communicating with team members and project stakeholders. For instance, if something was to unexpectedly happen during project execution and the project manager realised there may be a delay in the completion date. A great project manager will need to communicate this information as soon as possible to all those involved. Different stakeholders need to be approached differently and may need phone calls or personal visits to reassure them.
30-Day Risk Free Guarantee
Terms & Conditions apply
One-on-one Expert Tutor Support
100% Flexible Online Learning
We've upskilled professionals from:
Download my Course Guide now
Apply to Enrol Now
By applying to enrol, you will be contacted by a Learning Consultant and receive emails with information about our courses and career paths. You can unsubscribe at any time and we will never sell or give away your information.
Enquire now for your FREE Course Guide
By enquiring, you will be contacted by a Learning Consultant and receive emails with information about our courses and career paths. You can unsubscribe at any time and we will never sell or give away your information.