In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills
The required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills for Diploma and Certificate IV qualifications is ACSF Level 3. To ensure you have the ACSF skills necessary to commence study with us, you may be required to completed a language, literacy and numeracy test if English is not your first language and you do not hold any nationally recognised Australian qualifications.
Upon enrolment, all students will also be assessed over time by their learning coach for their language, literacy and numeracy skills. Where these levels fall below the requisite ACSF standard for the qualification, the coach will advise the student of the remedial options open to them. This may involve additional support or withdrawal of enrolment and refund of fees paid.
Please refer to the relevant CAL Policies and the Student Handbook for full details of the entry-level requirements procedure.
You will need regular access to a laptop or desktop computer with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection,
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets,
- A PDF Reader installed,
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required.
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required. Typically, we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer with the latest version of Chrome. Please check to ensure your device/s align with the system requirements for our major services:
To be able to enrol in the Diploma of Work Health & Safety, you must first have completed the following units:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
If you have not completed these units, consider our Pathway Package. This is a smart way to work through and complete the entry requirement units then seamlessly transition into your Diploma qualification. Find out more in the Course Guide and talk to one of our Learning Consultants if you have any questions.
Please note: Unless you’ve chosen to utilise our Pathway Package, you will need to provide evidence at enrolment that you have met the entry requirements for this qualification. Evidence can be provided in the form of a VET Transcript (find out how) or by granting us access to your USI records (find out how). If your units were awarded prior to 2015, you may provide a certified copy of a Statement of Attainment, Testamur, or Record of Results (find out more about certified copies).