To be able to enrol in the Diploma of Human Resource Management, you must first have completed the following units:
- BSBHRM417 Support human resource functions and processes
- BSBHRM411 Administer performance development processes
- BSBHRM415 Coordinate recruitment and onboarding
- BSBHRM412 Support employee and industrial relations
Have two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience.
Pathway Package available
If you haven’t met the entry requirements, consider our Pathway Package. For those that haven’t met the entry requirements yet, we also offer the option to combine this qualification with our Pathway Package, so you can complete the required units first, then continue on to complete your diploma, all in one seamless course. This is a smart way to work through and complete the entry requirement units then seamlessly transition into your Diploma qualification. Find out more in the Course Guide and talk to one of our Learning Consultants if you have any questions.
What do I need to provide to demonstrate that I’ve completed the entry requirement units?
To satisfy this entry requirement option, you must have completed the required units (or equivalent competencies). Evidence of entry requirement units can be provided in the form of a VET Transcript (find out how) or by granting us access to your USI records (find out how). If your units were awarded prior to 2015, you may provide a certified copy of a Statement of Attainment, Testamur, or Record of Results (find out more about certified copies).
What do I need to provide as evidence of workplace experience?
To satisfy this entry requirement option, you must demonstrate you have successfully completed two years of equivalent full-time work experience. This should cover a range of human resource functions, including performance development, employee relations, recruitment and onboarding, remuneration, termination, and workforce planning. You will be required to submit at least one of the following evidence requirements, and complete a short eligibility conversation covering your experience with our Learning Coach.
- An official statement from your employer stating your role and responsibilities in relation to the above-specified human resources areas that demonstrate two years equivalent full-time work experience; or
- Performance review reports that specify your role and responsibilities in relation to the above-specified human resources areas that demonstrate two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience; or
- A signed job description confirming your role and responsibilities in relation to the above-specified human resources areas that demonstrate two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience.
Any documents submitted must be on the employer’s company letterhead and dated, and must include the position title and signature of the employer.
Performance reviews and job descriptions you intend to submit must also be signed by you and include the date they were updated.
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills
The required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills for Diploma and Certificate IV qualifications is ACSF Level 3. To ensure you have the ACSF skills necessary to commence study with us, you may be required to completed a language, literacy and numeracy test if English is not your first language and you do not hold any nationally recognised Australian qualifications.
Upon enrolment, all students will also be assessed over time by their learning coach for their language, literacy and numeracy skills. Where these levels fall below the requisite ACSF standard for the qualification, the coach will advise the student of the remedial options open to them. This may involve additional support or withdrawal of enrolment and refund of fees paid.
Please refer to the relevant CAL Policies and the Student Handbook for full details of the entry-level requirements procedure.
You will need regular access to a laptop or desktop computer with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection,
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets,
- A PDF Reader installed,
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required.
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required. Typically, we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer with the latest version of Chrome. Please check to ensure your device/s align with the system requirements for our major services: