% of managers with at least a Diploma qualification
Diploma of Human Resources Management (BSB50618) Online
30-Day Risk Free Guarantee
One-on-one Expert Tutor Support
100% Flexible Online Learning
Take your HR career to the next level
Company culture is becoming more and more important, with workers changing jobs more often than ever before. Human Resources Managers need to shift thinking from tactical to strategic – building a happy and healthy workplace where workers arrive with a smile on their face. A Diploma of Human Resources Management will set you up to drive change in your current or future HR role.
Learn to analyse business strategy, and determine the human resources requirements needed, review diversity requirements, develop recruitment and selection processes, and integrate business ethics into your human resources practices.
Conveniently study at your own pace, with a generous 24-month enrolment period and no scheduled tutorials to attend.
Partnering with our Learning Coaches for one-on-one support, we’ll guide you through the course and provide you with the keys to your own success.
Get started today and try us out risk-free for 30 days*.
- 100% online, self-paced study,
- Study for how long you want, when you want,
- Fit your study time around your lifestyle – not the other way around,
- No need to attend scheduled classes or tutorials,
- No strict or unreasonable deadlines to meet,
- Payment plans that can be tailored to your budget,
- Generous 24-month enrolment period, with free course extension and deferral options.
Get job-ready with industry relevant units designed to help you succeed
As a result of completing your Diploma of Human Resources Management, you’ll be able to confidently apply a range of core people management skills and strategies, based on the following accredited units of competency:
There are 9 required units of competency. CAL is offering the required 6 core units, 2 set elective units and 1 additional elective unit your self-select to suit your needs. Your choice of Elective will be chosen in consultation with your learning coach, depending on your goals and experience. 6 Core + 3 Electives.
|BSBHRM501||Manage Human Resources Services|
|BSBHRM506||Manage Recruitment, Selection Induction processes|
|BSBHRM512||Develop and Manage Performance-Management Processes|
|BSBHRM513||Manage Workforce Planning|
|BSBWRK520||Manage Employee Relations|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and Monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|1 Set Elective|
|BSBWOR501||Manage Personal Work Priorities and Professional Development|
|2 Self-Select Electives from:|
|BSBHRM510||Manage Mediation Processes|
|BSBDIV501||Manage Diversity in the Workplace|
|BSBHRM505||Manage Remuneration and Employee Benefits|
|BSBINN601||Lead and Manage Organisational Change|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake Project Work|
|BSBHRM507||Manage Separation and Termination|
Please note: if there is another elective that would suit your needs and it is not listed, please speak with your professional learning consultant.
Our courses are 100% online and are self-paced.
This means you can choose to study on a more intense time schedule, or just fit it around your lifestyle when you can.
The course can be completed in as little as 12 months with a full-time study load or in 16-18 months on a part-time study load, but we allow a generous 24-month standard course enrolment duration.
We provide engaging tutorials, industry-relevant assessments and work-ready learning outcomes.
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained
- You receive a personal learning plan and regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Depending on your current skills and amount of experience you have, you may qualify for Recognition of Prior Learning and be eligible for course acceleration.
Build your career with a diploma
This course offers pathways to further study with entry into:
- The Graduate Certificate of Leadership Diversity
- The Graduate Diploma of Strategic Leadership
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements.
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills
The required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills for Diploma and Certificate IV qualifications is ACSF Level 3.
To ensure you have the ACSF skills necessary to commence study with us, you may be required to completed a language, literacy and numeracy test if English is not your first language and you do not hold any nationally recognised Australian qualifications.
Upon enrolment, all students will also be assessed over time by their learning coach for their language, literacy and numeracy skills. Where these levels fall below the requisite ACSF standard for the qualification, the coach will advise the student of the remedial options open to them. This may involve additional support or withdrawal of enrolment and refund of fees paid.
While there is no formal prerequisite study required to enter this qualification, it is beneficial for students to have some relevant industry experience to assist with the learning application required for this course. This may have been obtained through formal and/or informal training, work experience and life experience.
Please refer to the relevant CAL Policies and the Student Handbook for full details of the entry-level requirements procedure.
You will need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or another device with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets (eg: Google Docs, iWork, etc)
- A PDF Reader installed
Get credit for demonstrated skills and knowledge
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability, you may be eligible for RPL.
This process may enable you to get unit credits for competencies you’ve already demonstrated so you can fast-track your qualification.
CAL Offer flexible payment plans to suit any budget
At The College for Adult Learning, we understand that not all students are in a position to pay for their studies upfront. For this reason we offer flexible weekly or monthly payment plans that can suit any lifestyle or budget.
|Payment Plan||Payment Amount||Payment Plan Length||Total Amount Paid|
|Discounted Upfront Fee*||$1495 + $130/mo||Upfront Deposit + 17 Months||$3695|
|52 x Weekly Payments||$78||52 Weeks||$4056|
|26 x Fortnightly Payments||$155||52 Weeks||$4030|
|12 x Monthly Payments||$335||12 Months||$4020|
|78 x Weekly Payments||$53||78 Weeks||$4134|
|39 x Fortnightly Payments||$106||78 Weeks||$4134|
|18 x Monthly Payments||$229||18 Months||$4122|
*Please note: The College for Adult Learning’s obligations as an RTO include taking actions to protect your fees. These protections exist to ensure that you can enrol with confidence. The principal protection which is provided to you is a pre-paid fee limit; CAL will never require you to pay more than $1,500 in advance and will never allow your advance payment balance to rise above $1,500.
**In conformance with the protections and to make our course fees more accessible to our students, you will only be required to pay $1495 at the time of registration, with a $130 recurring monthly payment debited for the next 17 months (final payment of $120).This amounts to a total fee of Only $3695, saving you up to 10.62% off the normal payment plan fees.
FEE-HELP and VET LoansIn order to maintain the high quality training we’re so proud of, we are not affiliated with FEE-HELP schemes or VET Student Loans, and remain a Fee For Service provider. We understand the financial pressure and concerns that come with undertaking study, so we keep our prices highly competitive and offer flexible payment plans to suit all budgets and lifestyles. Don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 907 870 to discuss a flexible plan that suits your budget
The wealth of knowledge Michael had was fantastic. I feel I will be supported throughout the program.
It covered all topics. Talent management, operations, leadership and metrics. Great overview issues in work place discussion. Great output.
Inspiring that I’m on the right track. This course will benefit me personally and my organization overall.
Very practical and useful information that is directly related to the workplace.
As the course has progressed it has really increased my knowledge and improved my confidence in the workplace!
In an interview, the panel were interested in my history of people management and delivering high quality customer service. They noted that my formal study in this area reflected my suitability for this position.
Get a nationally recognised and respected qualification
- The diploma course is designed by MBA experienced facilitators with undergraduate and post graduate qualifications in Human Resources Management, Business Management and Education.
- Practical applications and assessments based on workplace evidence.
- A wide range of electives that have been designed in consultation with HR Professionals to be relevant to real workplace needs.
- An exclusive HRM Best Value toolkit of 100 online tutorials and over 300 downloads that includes HR templates, sample processes and many additional resources that complement your career including the latest HR Metrics tools.
- A qualification you can trust to attract the highest paying HRM positions.
Invest in your career with a qualification
Investing in yourself is the greatest investment you can make. HR as a profession is finally gaining the respect it deserves and earning potential is accelerating. The key to a higher paying, respected position is a recognised qualification like the Diploma of HR Management.
- Experienced HR professionals at the director or senior manager level can earn between $120K and $400K p.a.
- At the HR Manager level, salaries range from $75K to $150K p.a.
- HR Consultants earn from $60K to $150K p.a.
- At the most senior levels, HR professionals are currently earning as much as $500K p.a.
Act now to secure the confidence, credibility and respect you deserve in what is an exciting career of the future.
With competition for high quality HR jobs increasing – how do you keep your knowledge current and stand out from the crowd?
You may be at risk of being passed over for career progression, salary increases or promotion opportunities because you do not have a recognised qualification in Human Resources.
In Human Resources, hiring decision makers consider the real quality of your qualifications.
Your qualification needs to stack up to the level of your experience as represented by your CV.
In this competitive market some may be tempted by a quick fix, tick the box HR course. Beware – these less reputable courses do not stand up under scrutiny. You need an assessment based quality accreditation that is clever enough to validate your experience using evidence from your workplace, while giving you the skills to secure the job and future income you deserve.
Essential skills for the modern HR Manager
This course will challenge you, make you think and take you beyond the ‘old fashioned’ paradigm of HR as ‘personnel management’. You will enter into the new, exciting and stimulating world of the modern HR Professional.
Research conducted by Dave Ulrich (consistently named as the most influential person in HR in publications across the globe) and his colleagues tell us that HR should:
- Turn outside business trends and stakeholder expectations into internal actions – Focus on both business results and human capital improvement
- Target both individual ability and organisation capabilities
- Understand that HR is not about an isolated activity (a training, communication, staffing or compensation program) but sustainable and integrated solutions
- Respect heritage, while shaping a future
- Attend to both day-to-day administrative processes and long-term strategic practices.
Research in Australia by the AHRI combined with Ulrich’s work determines that the 21st century HR Professional needs to learn to be:
- Strategically focused and Business Driven with a sound understanding of the business, and the operational environment. Then develops a HR strategy that engages the workforce and meets both current and future needs.
- A Stakeholder manager who understands and builds relationships and provides services and support in the ongoing management of human capital
- Capability builders who work to develop the capacity and capability of others within the organisation
- Expert and credible practitioners who use and apply their expertise to add value to the business; creatively developing and pushing boundaries to break new ground and advance new concepts within a strong ethical framework.
- Change agents and managers of change who understand the processes associated with change and how to affect change with minimum angst
- Technology advocates who can proactively use technology for strategic HRM
30-Day Risk Free Guarantee
Terms & Conditions apply
One-on-one Expert Tutor Support
100% Flexible Online Learning
Apply to Enrol Now
By applying to enrol, you will be contacted by a Learning Consultant and receive emails with information about our courses and career paths. You can unsubscribe at any time and we will never sell or give away your information.