% of managers with at least a Diploma qualification
Diploma of Business Administration (BSB50415) Online
30-Day Risk Free Guarantee
One-on-one Expert Tutor Support
100% Flexible Online Learning
Become the ‘go-to’ office manager
The modern workplace needs modern administrators, ready for whatever the day throws at them. With a Business Admin Diploma, you’ll become equipped with the skills needed to develop business plans, manage meetings and implement effective administrative systems. Gain experience in payroll, dealing with procedures and calculations, and devise recordkeeping systems.
Plan your study around your work and life – not the other way around. With no scheduled classes or tutorials to attend, you can study at your pace, and complete the Diploma in your time. Start putting your learning into practice almost immediately, with workplace-based assessments, and course content designed for the modern workplace.
Partnering with our Learning Coaches for one-on-one support, we’ll guide you through the course and provide you with the keys to your own success.
Get started today and try us out risk-free for 30 days*.
- 100% online, self-paced study,
- Study for how long you want, when you want,
- Fit your study time around your lifestyle – not the other way around,
- No need to attend scheduled classes or tutorials,
- No strict or unreasonable deadlines to meet,
- Payment plans that can be tailored to your budget,
- Generous 24-month enrolment period, with free course extension and deferral options.
Get job-ready with industry relevant units designed to help you succeed
The Diploma of Business has a total of 8 units to achieve your qualification. The below units have been selected to give you the most comprehensive course that covers the important functions of a business. There are other electives available, so speak with your learning coach to see what would be most suitable for you.
|BSBWOR501||Manage Personal Work Priorities and Professional Development|
|BSBADM503||Plan and Manage Conferences|
|BSBADM506||Manage Business Document Design and Development|
|BSBADM504||Plan and Implement Administrative Systems|
|ELECTIVES (SELECT 2)|
|BSBCUS501||Manage Quality Customer Service|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and Manage Team Effectiveness|
|BSBMGT502||Manage People Performance|
|BSBFIM501||Manage Budgets and Financial Plans|
|BSBHRM405||Support the Recruitment, Selection and Induction of Staff|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and Monitor WHS Policies, Procedures and Programs to Meet Legislative Requirements|
|BSBHRM403||Support Performance Management Processes|
|BSBHRM513||Manage Workforce Planning|
Our courses are 100% online and are self-paced.
This means you can choose to study on a more intense time schedule, or just fit it around your lifestyle when you can.
The course can be completed in as little as 12 months with a full-time study load or in 12-14 months on a part-time study load, but we allow a generous 24-month standard course enrolment duration.
We provide engaging tutorials, industry-relevant assessments and work-ready learning outcomes.
- Complete the course your way – at your own time, pace and convenience
- You win from the start with no classes, no rush hour dash or parking hassles
- Tutorials are easily navigated and the order can be adapted to your priorities
- Unit quizzes serve to demonstrate knowledge obtained
- You receive a personal learning plan and regular feedback and personal assistance from our experienced facilitators
- Learning occurs on the job and you can apply your knowledge while you study for immediate results
Depending on your current skills and amount of experience you have, you may qualify for Recognition of Prior Learning and be eligible for course acceleration.
Get ahead in your career
A Diploma program designed by MBA experienced facilitators and career administrations with undergraduate and post graduate qualifications in, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Business Management and Administration, Leadership & Human Potential, Human Resources Management and Education.
This course offers study pathways to further study with entry into a range of undergraduate (degree) programs and the Graduate Certificate of Leadership Diversity
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements.
In order to succeed in our online qualifications, our students are required to:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Demonstrate the required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills
The required level of competency in English language, literacy and numeracy skills for Diploma and Certificate IV qualifications is ACSF Level 3.
To ensure you have the ACSF skills necessary to commence study with us, you may be required to completed a language, literacy and numeracy test if English is not your first language and you do not hold any nationally recognised Australian qualifications.
Upon enrolment, all students will also be assessed over time by their learning coach for their language, literacy and numeracy skills. Where these levels fall below the requisite ACSF standard for the qualification, the coach will advise the student of the remedial options open to them. This may involve additional support or withdrawal of enrolment and refund of fees paid.
While there is no formal prerequisite study required to enter this qualification, it is beneficial for students to have some relevant industry experience to assist with the learning application required for this course. This may have been obtained through formal and/or informal training, work experience and life experience.
Please refer to the relevant CAL Policies and the Student Handbook for full details of the entry-level requirements procedure.
You will need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or another device with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets (eg: Google Docs, iWork, etc)
- A PDF Reader installed
Get credit for demonstrated skills and knowledge
If you have extensive experience in the industry with a high level of knowledge, competency and ability, you may be eligible for RPL.
This process may enable you to get unit credits for competencies you’ve already demonstrated so you can fast-track your qualification.
CAL Offer flexible payment plans to suit any budget
At The College for Adult Learning, we understand that not all students are in a position to pay for their studies upfront. For this reason we offer flexible weekly or monthly payment plans that can suit any lifestyle or budget.
|Payment Plan||Payment Amount||Payment Plan Length||Total Amount Paid|
|Discounted Upfront Fee*||$1495 + $90/mo||Upfront Deposit + 17 Months||$2995|
|6 x Monthly Payments||$530||6 Months||$3180|
|12 x Monthly Payments||$280||12 Months||$3360|
|52 x Weekly Payments||$65||12 Months||$3380|
|18 x Monthly Payments||$190||18 Months||$3420|
|78 x Weekly Payments||$44||18 Months||$3432|
*Please note: The College for Adult Learning’s obligations as an RTO include taking actions to protect your fees. These protections exist to ensure that you can enrol with confidence. The principal protection which is provided to you is a pre-paid fee limit; CAL will never require you to pay more than $1,500 in advance and will never allow your advance payment balance to rise above $1,500.
**In conformance with the protections and to make our course fees more accessible to our students, you will only be required to pay $1495 at the time of registration, with a $90 recurring monthly payment debited for the next 17 months (final payment of $60).This amounts to a total fee of Only $2995, saving you up to 12.7% off the normal payment plan fees.
FEE-HELP and VET LoansIn order to maintain the high quality training we’re so proud of, we are not affiliated with FEE-HELP schemes or VET Student Loans, and remain a Fee For Service provider. We understand the financial pressure and concerns that come with undertaking study, so we keep our prices highly competitive and offer flexible payment plans to suit all budgets and lifestyles. Don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 907 870 to discuss a flexible plan that suits your budget
The wealth of knowledge Michael had was fantastic. I feel I will be supported throughout the program.
It covered all topics. Talent management, operations, leadership and metrics. Great overview issues in work place discussion. Great output.
Inspiring that I’m on the right track. This course will benefit me personally and my organization overall.
Very practical and useful information that is directly related to the workplace.
As the course has progressed it has really increased my knowledge and improved my confidence in the workplace!
In an interview, the panel were interested in my history of people management and delivering high quality customer service. They noted that my formal study in this area reflected my suitability for this position.
Get a nationally recognised and respected qualification
Adding a nationally accredited qualification to your arsenal will show potential employers that you’re serious about succeeding in your management career.
You’ll study standardised, industry-relevant units that will encourage you to apply your knowledge and learning into real world situations and gain real, job-ready skills.
Awarded by the Australian Government, this Business Administration Diploma is recognised and respected nationally so there’s nothing left standing in your road to success.
- The diploma course is designed by MBA experienced facilitators with undergraduate and post graduate qualifications in HR Management, Business Management and Education.
- Practical applications and assessments that are drawn from day-to-day workplace tasks.
- A wide range of electives that have been designed in consultation with experienced managers to be relevant to real workplace needs.
- A qualification you can trust.
Invest in your career with a qualification
Investing in yourself is truly the greatest investment you can make. Business Administrators are at the operational centre of a business. Highly organised with superlative attention to detail and a sharp eye on business operations, the business administrator is the ‘go to’ manager in the office environment.
Because of the impact that business administration can have on the performance of a company’s processes, and subsequent productivity, skilled business administration professionals are in high demand as companies of all sizes compete for top positions in the global marketplace.
Occupational pathways range across technical, operational and managerial areas, providing opportunities for graduates from many different disciplines.
Aside from the general administration professionals, supervisors or team leaders some of the other jobs that this qualification will give you the skills and knowledge to perform include:
- Senior Administration Officer/Manager
- General Office Manager
- Office Manager
- Accounts Supervisor
- Administration Coordinator
- Team Leader
- Executive Personal Assistant
- Senior Executive Assistant
The key to a higher paying, respected position is a recognised qualification like the Diploma of Business Administration. The average salary for Business and Practice Managers in Australia is $112,931
- Experienced professionals at the height of their game can earn between $140K and $200K p.a+
- An Executive Assistant can earn from $66K to $87K+
- An Accounts Supervisor/Manager earns between $65k to $77K while an account Manager can earn from $95k
(Salaries correct at Feb. 2016)
Essential skills for the Modern Business Administration Professional
All CAL tutorials look after you with comprehensive case studies even if you are currently changing careers, returning to work or not yet working in a Business or Administrative role. CAL assists you further by providing comprehensive case studies that you can use to practice and apply your new skills, (just like you would at work), so you’ll get all the experience you need to hit the ground running in your new position.
We guarantee management information that is up to date and real-time relevant (even better than an MBA) CAL is continually updating the units of study to ensure that every video tutorial you complete contains the most recent research and cutting edge practice. Our promise to you is to provide you with the most recent, most relevant information and to support it (where required) with up to date statistics. The examples we provide are based on the most recent models and global best practice.
We guarantee you will be exposed to new and developing theory and practice that you can immediately apply on the job, with outcomes that are more practical than an MBA.
CAL’s Diploma of Business Administration program is extremely flexible. You can:
1. Select the units that best matches your career goals and current business requirements – or that will set you apart from your opposition.
2. Combine a mix of recognition of prior learning (RPL) with selected video tutorials so you address the gaps in your learning only and don’t waste time re-doing stuff you already know
3. Study Online the way you want to study, at your own pace, to match your professional and personal needs and commitments.
4. Personalise your learning program to suit your learning style and preferences.
5. Access your learning coach as often as you need.
6. Engage in live webinars and meet other Diploma students online in our social media groups
7. Select which elective tutorials you want to complete (and develop a depth of understanding not offered in other programs).
8. Achieve highly specialised Business and Administrative skills.
30-Day Risk Free Guarantee
Terms & Conditions apply
One-on-one Expert Tutor Support
100% Flexible Online Learning
Apply to Enrol Now
By applying to enrol, you will be contacted by a Learning Consultant and receive emails with information about our courses and career paths. You can unsubscribe at any time and we will never sell or give away your information.