Productivity Through People Series – Middle Managers can make or break your organisation
Recent research conducted by Dale Carnegie has found that an employee’s relationship with their immediate supervisor is key to productivity at work. The attitudes and actions of the immediate supervisor can enhance employee engagement or can create an atmosphere where an employee becomes disengaged, and we know that the productivity level for disengaged employees ranges from 60% down to as low as 40%. If we factor this percentage over a 5-day working week well, this means that your employees waste the equivalent of between 1 and 3 whole days week in and week out!
Creating an Engaged Workforce Drives Improved Organisational Performance
Line Managers, supervisors and team leaders are the weak link. They just don’t have the skills to Lead and motivate their staff.
Middle Managers play a critical role in defining the direction, purpose, priorities, goals, and roles of the workforce. The capability of the manager to develop plans, hire effectively, form cohesive work teams, coach, motivate, and develop employees is crucial to your business success.
If you want your organisation to continue to be successful and your workforce to reach maximum productivity levels then you MUST train your managers.
Let CAL show you how with our innovative People & Productivity Program that is available online via 16 1 hour video tutorials or, in workshop format over 4 x days.
CAL’s ground-breaking program is guaranteed to change the way your managers think and re-focus their operations on their human capital resources. After all your human capital is really your only true competitive advantage!
CAL’s People & Productivity Program will also give managers, supervisors and team leaders the skills, techniques and tools they need to re-engage their people, increase productivity and (as an added bonus), encourage innovation!
This highly focused program will make sure your managers, supervisors and team leaders have the knowledge and skills to:
- understand the link between people & performance and the potential impact this may have on the bottom line
- utilise their personal leadership style and leverage their strengths to build strong, sustainable work performance
- use effective, open and honest communication within the organisation, the team and with individuals
- realise the value of trust and personal integrity and build strong work-based relationships and create a positive, engaging culture that operates at 110% productivity
- utilise a range of motivational strategies, techniques & tools to build engagement and reach challenging operational targets
- build effective and efficient performance based work teams that will improve performance and productivity
- describe and implement the steps in conducting an effective, efficient performance appraisal to achieve maximum results
- establish clear, measurable and challenging performance standards and performance indicators and gain maximum buy-in from all team members
- implement innovative and creative solutions to performance related issues and problems to re-engage and re-ignite individuals and teams
- recognise and reinforce exceptional performance
If you would like to read more about this you can download CAL’s e-book ‘Why Would Somebody Want to Work for YOU?’ containing 6 highly successful tools and methods to determine how well you are setting up your employees to success and how to improve their engagement.
If you would like to discuss this further with Michael Meere CAL’s HR specialist consultant and specialist on people/productivity or, if you would like Michael to provide you with a tool to measure the lost EE opportunity cost to your business.
If you would like to learn more about the People & Productivity Series of 16 online video tutorials and/or the workshop program and upcoming dates please contact me.