How to Avoid Procrastination
- If you’re procrastinating over part of a project, ask a colleague how they would tackle the task.
- For each part of the project develop a step-by-step guide for the task, to make it manageable.
- Work out how long it will actually take to do the task. We overestimate time it will take to do a task e.g. hanging clothes on a clotheshorse/clothesline you may think may take an hour in reality it takes 10 min
- work out the costs of your inaction to your employer & make a start
- make the task the only thing on your to-do list for one-day
- promise yourself a treat when the task is done
- Take time management course and improve your organisation skills!